Friday, July 26, 2013

Well it's official...

The next big step for the Goolsbys in this journey we call life is........building a house!!

We are both beyond excited! And as exciting as it is, it's a little scary. But it's a nervous excited energy--like when you know the change is all for the better, but there are just so many unknown factors and things that you have no control over.

And the process is not as easy as you might imagine. There is alot that goes into this house building business. Location, banking related aspects, deciding on a builder, etc. People always say there are tons of decisions that goes with building, and I was thinking they were referring to cosmetic things (Paint colors, flooring, appliances, etc) Oh I was so naive!

Good news though, we have decided on a location! We're going to build our by my parents house! I'm excited to be closer to them. And I know Mom is excited to have Augusta right there, especially when it comes to the cold, early mornings!

We have a plan and a builder! We have the people to do our well and septic system. We just had to wait on the financial aspects. And...

We finally got the go ahead with all the financials--long process that I won't bore you (or myself) with! I'm just so thankful that my husband is taking the reigns on all of that! Blessed behind measure.

People say if you can survive building a house together, than you can survive anything. I don't know about all that...but I can honestly say alot of the things going into this so far have been out of our hands. We've had to rely on God's timing (I originally wrote this post in February--just didn't post it!) and keep reminding ourselves that of its truly his will, it will come to be. It's been a test of patience, strength, and faith. It's hard once you're independent to put the reigns in someone else's hands, but this has been a good lesson that sometimes we have to do just that. 

It's now the end of July and we have the piece of land in our names. We also have a well. We're on the builder's schedule and he should be starting within the next few weeks. We are currently packing our things and getting ready to move in with my gracious inlaws (Chase's Parents) by our August 1 move out deadline. Not looking forward to moving twice, but what are you going to do? If the process of getting this far has taught us anything, it is that it will be alright! We trust it'll be done when it's meant to be done! :) 

That's all I really have for now! Keep checking back for more updates!

Love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment