Monday, January 6, 2014

And we're off!

We're almost a week into 2014, and so far life is going smoothly. 

I had my glucose test, to check for the possibility of gestational diabetes. And guess what? Passed that with flying colors! 77 fasting blood sugar--hour after drinking the sugary fruit punch (much better than the alternative of orange, I'm sure! Bleck!), it was back to 77! Yay me! Only downfall of that was getting blood drawn from my arm! Although when I came home, Augusta was sweet and wanting to see my "ouchie". She kept kissing it and saying "it's okay, Momma." Love my angel! 

Calla was good as well. Although her heart rate was pretty high from all the sugar--Dr. Harper said she was on a sugar high! My appointments are going to be coming more frequently now. (Yay for more baby updates, but boo for having to use my remaining days) And I go back the 15th for a growth ultrasound along with a regular checkup! Can't wait to see how much baby girl has grown! 

We have also started back school. So we're getting back into the swing of things. Second day for staff development and I'm so ready for the kids to be back! These days are usually so boring for me! They make me wish I was back home with my goo all day! But kids are back tomorrow and then we'll really be falling into our regular routine! 

In other semi-exciting news, we're having some of the coldest weather in years. High today is like 17 with windchills around or below zero. Low tonight will be single digits. Isn't supposed to get above freezing tomorrow either. Aren't you jealous? ;) This is not the MS weather I signed up for. Especially when there's no snow accumulation involved! 

Anyway, that's all I have! Not much but just wanted to give and update of what's been going on so far in the new year. Try to stay warm!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment