Two weekends ago I finally decided it was time. I needed to focus my time to get this thing done for my child. (And of course for me too since were about to have another one in diapers). So I really enforced the potty chart. (I had made the previously in an attempt to entice her--didn't really work at the time). And I laid on heavy that she got to get m&ms when she actually used the potty--another good motivator. Well, long story short, she had enough success (earning stickers to place on her chart) that she finally earned her first prize. She got to go pick out a lalaloopsy doll. Click--prize got some extra motivation going!
The next week was kinda crazy with snow days and me having jury duty, so we had more time to work with it. I took her to the potty about every 2 hours, after sleep, and before laying down. She started to get the drill, that if she went we for to go back to our previous activity. So she became consistently faster.
The next weekend we had one accident on Saturday! Yay! Then a few more on Sunday because we were visiting with Chase's family for awhile. She has fall backs when she doesn't have her potty chair--so we've got to find a way to transition to the big potty--possibly one of those inserts.
She's learning and she's getting it though. Every time she does go in her diaper she'll come to me and either say "please I need to use the potty" or "please change my diaper". She still won't poop in the potty, but we're getting there. So proud of my "big" little girl and the progress she's making!!
No comments:
Post a Comment