Love this gummy grin!
Yet another month has passed since precious Augusta Kate entered our lives...I cannot believe its been seven months. They seriously have flown if the post title didn't give that away! I could not imagine my life without this little miracle! And as time flies, my little baby is sure changing. Its starting to become true what people say, the blink and you'll miss it, that is. Because as each month passess by, there are just more and more changes occuring in my sweet little girl. And pretty soon she'll be my big little girl...but not to soon, thank goodness!
Beautiful baby
Okay, so last month I said I hoped there would be more to report on the movement front. And there is, just not much. She can now manuever to pretty much any place she wants to, in the form of a wannabe crawl and turning her body. If she wants to go backwards, she scoots. But forward is still hard for her. So hard in fact, that she will break out into full-on tears over the fact that she is not able to move the way she wants. She has gotten better about this in the past few days though, espcecially since she realized she can sit herself back up when she is in the crawl position. She now does this all the time, and it has even become part of her moving. To me, it looks like she wants to walk, because she straightens her legs like she's going to stand, and then its like she can't figure out how to get her top half up! Her other big trick this month is that she is now pulling up on things! She does great with anything that is not over her head...she is able to straighten those legs out easy-breezy then stands herself up with little effort. She tries to pull up on things that are above her head, like the coffee table, but has had limited success with that. If you give her minor assistance she does it no problem...but partially I'm scared of her hitting her head, so there are many times she does it without assistance.
Here is her crawl face...guess it's my fault she's not moving yet bc who wouldn't pick this sweetie up!
Mommy found you!
She's still such a happy baby. And her little personality is only flourishing. She steals the spotlight wherever she is, and completely lights up a room with her presence. She is just "talk, talk, talking" as I always say. She now says, "mama", "baba", "nana", and "hey". (These have been added to "dada") And I'm not saying she's using these consistently as words, except for "hey" and that's because I believe she is mimicking us. My parents are convinced she said, "dig, dig" about a week ago. Her favorite song is "Heigh Ho" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (Thank you Aunt Lys...insert eye roll) and we call it the "dig, digs" because that is the part of the song we sing and that she loves. But I'm not so sure about that... it just sounded like a babble to me, but that is the speech therapist in me coming out as opposed to the mommy I'm sure.
Showing my belly!
She is also eating so much more! She has now added some mixed fruits and veggies to her list. She even had some meats...not that she liked them too much. Things like pear and pineapple; banana with mixed berries, and chicken noodle. She has also tried more "big people" foods like watermelon, raspberries, canteloupe, breads and crackers (only licks), and avocado. She's also tried to Gerber puffs and yogurt...but I don't think she's ready for the textures quite yet...This month Augusta is not liking...the HEAT!! It has been so hot in Mississippi and this poor baby has Eczema. It's not a bad case, but she does get small dry patches. They don't get peely or anything, you can just tell they are more dry and a little pink. And the heat makes them flair up. My poor hot natured girl. (She takes after her daddy in this!) She also does not like avocado at all. The first time she ate it, she had just eaten some banana and the texture gagged her. She threw up everything she had eaten from a little gag! Poor girl! (Guess she's like her mom in this...another weirdy about textures.) She also doesn't like not being mobile. She wants to go so badly! Hopefully soon! And she also doesn't like people eating while she is not.
This month she is loving a lot of the same things. Except we added her pacie back into the mix, for falling asleep purposes only, and she does love it. She chews all over the whole thing, not just sucking on it. She is also loving little things, like tearing up paper. (I let her destroy my magazines once I get through with them.) She finds the littlest things interesting, and they can hold her attention at least for a little bit...things like ribbon and her spoons...she loves to wave them around and throw them! She still loves her swing, swimming in her pool, and her walker. She also LOVES Rowan. She wants to get him so badly...and he's the best puppy. So calm and good natured. He mostly leaves her alone, but every now and then he gives her kisses. And when Augusta does get him, he is sweet and simply lays there. (I don't let her get him much, just becuse she is WILD and he is so scaredy...ha!) She is also loving her mommy and daddy more...I have seen some separation anxiety, and there have been times when she wants us over anyone else or cries when we get out of sight. It warms my heart being a favorite person, but I'm interested to see how things are when we head back to work in a month...hopefully it'll be a smooth transition! She also enjoys other little people like her cousin, Maddie, Cullen, and her church buddy, Graham.
Sharing and exploring with Maddie
So that was Augusta's sixth month in a nutshell...hopefully seven will not go as quickly! Can you please just stay this little just for a bit longer, Augusta Kate? Please??
Playing dress-up already
Girl time!








No comments:
Post a Comment