This is the second time this has happened! We were supposed to close the week of the 7th, but our first well water sample came back with contaminants. We treated the water and had it retested...well, we got the results of that sample back and guess what? The same contaminant, only in a lesser form. So treating it again and hopefully the third time testing will be the charm! Results should be in by the 21st and I hope next week you will see a closing post from me!!
It's just we didn't even know we needed this sample. If we had known, it would've been done much sooner. And if the sample had been contaminated then, we could've been fixing it while our house was still being built. I mean, the well was the first thing that was done--period!!
It's just so hard right here at the end having this one hold up. And it's not something that we do and can close the next day--it takes days to get the sample analyzed and the results back! We've just been transient--living with both sets of parents--since the end of July! We are ready for some stability and not living out of suitcases and boxes!
Let me just finish this by saying, I'm so thankful that this is my greatest problem in life. I'm blessed that all I'm dealing with is waiting on a water sample, while others are going through true trials. But I know God has his plan, and there's a reason (or multiple reasons) our move in keeps being delayed. So though I'm praying for clean water and to move in as quickly as possible, I'm thankful for the lesson in dealing with things that are out of my control. And also in patience. I'm also beyond thankful for our parents and their hospitality! Without them, I don't know what we would've done! I'm loving all the time all of us have spent together, just hoping we haven't displaced them too badly! Here's hoping we can make it up to them with a fabulous dinner in our new home next week! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment