Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Baby Goolsby Update

So I've been a busy mommy and haven't had time to sit and write a post about what's going on with this new little one! Well here goes my recap! 

On September 25, I went to the doctor to check on our little jelly bean. Mommy hadn't gained any weight to date and bp was good. I got to hear baby's heartbeat on the Doppler. It was steady in the 150s!  Yay!! Being so small still, it took a minute to locate, but once we did the heartbeat came through loud and strong. We schedule my next appointment for October 23. This will be our anatomy scan and we'll find out if this baby us a little boy or a little girl! Cannot wait! 

Currently we are 16, almost 17 (tomorrow) weeks into this pregnancy. According to those websites that compare babies to fruits--he/she is somewhere between the size of an avocado and a turnip. Meaning they are probably about 4 1/2 to 5 inches from crown to rump. And probably weigh about 3 1/2 to 5 ounces. Next week at 18 weeks we'll compare the ultrasound measurements to online stats and see how they stack up!

The other big news I do have to report is that I have been feeling little kicks! This is so much earlier than I felt Augusta moving, but I think I just know what  feeling this time around. These kicks gave been strong too! Towards the end of the week I was actually able to feel them from the outside with my hand--not just internal movement! This is a strong little one we have in there--and I'm so thankful for that! So far no one else has felt the movement, but hopefully it won't be too long! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment