Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Alyssa's and Brad's Couples Shower

This past week my sister spent the entire week with us! We had a great find filled with play, laughs, and of course wedding prep. Cannot believe it's like 3 weeks till she's married! So ready!

Saturday we had a couples shower for her and Brad, just something small so some friends from down here could have a chance to celebrate with them. 

We had a picnic in our front yard. Chase and I prepared all the food. Menu was tenderloin sliders, roasted broccoli and tomato salad, and baked potatoes. For dessert, Chase's mom brought her banana pudding that everyone raves over! And again it did not disappoint. 

Mom helped me with all the decorations. She did all the flower and even brought up some shabby chic doors for a backdrop. She also made the cornhole bean bags. Alyssa and I helped her with the painting of the cornhole boards. 

In lieu of a guest book, I had guests fill out showelibs. Much like madlibs but just a short shower related story I typed up and printed. These are being bound into a book for the couple to read later on! I think it's a fun little keepsake! :)

Being outside, kids has plenty if space to run and we even brought Augusta's slide around for them to play on. Chase and his dad even made cornhole boards, which we had fun playing with too! 

After dinner we moved inside and opened the gifts. They got lots of great things that they needed--from place settings to towels! It was a fun filled night of celebration. It was lots of work, but so worth it! Afterwards though, Chase and I were both dead on our feet! But we wouldn't of traded it for anything. The night was amazing and we loved cekebrating Alyssa and Brad! I hope God continues to bless this couple as they move forward in their journey together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment