Sunday, March 1, 2015

11 months!

It's been awhile since I've posted, and I guess that's either indicative of nothing going on, or a whole lot going on. Personally, it feels like the latter. But I'm back to update on our sweet Calla's eleventh month of life! 

Let me just start by saying how bittersweet this is. I cannot believe you will be one year old in one shirt month! But not to dwell on how fast time flies, but it has gone way too quickly! 

Calla, there is much different from last month to this one. Meaning, I guess, that there are no big "tricks" to report. But you've still been growing and changing and that in itself is amazing! 

You are becoming more and more animated. We love seeing that littke personality come out. You are so loving. When I get home in the afternoon, you run to me with outstretched arms--one of the best moments of my day. You also love snuggling and dancing. Music is definitely something you enjoy. And you may have watched your sister "dance" a few too many times, because you've picked up her signature move--spinning! You also love to pick up your leg like your climbing stairs when dancing. 

You still LOVE eating! It's probably your favorite thing to do! And you want what everyone else is having--if we've given you something different you won't be completely satisfied unless you have what the adults are having. Your favorite foods are pancakes, blueberries, chicken, and ice cream. You cry when it's all gone! Pretty much the only thing you haven't tried that you're allowed is eggs.

You are also so vocal. You try to repeat everything you hear. You also call us by name (mama, dada, and sissy). You request your baba. You also requests bites. And you even tattle on your sister--of course that is all babbles but still precious! 

Dislikes this month are not really anything--I mean nothing that doesn't bother anyone anyway. You really aren't enjoying getting dressed or taking baths though. You only fuss when it's needed. Honestly, you are the happiest most go-with-the-flow kinda baby. Very low maintenance! :)

Favorite things--climbing all over people and the furniture when you're able, dancing, eating, playing, and exploring. You love to be down and walking on your own. (Though there are plenty of times you want to be held and will cling to a leg until you get it.) You also love being outside and getting into anything your sissy does. 

Little Miss Calla, I cannot believe it's only one month until your first birthday. This year has absolutely flown by way too quickly. We thank God for choosing us to be your parents and letting us join you on this journey we call life. We love you baby bug! 

No comments:

Post a Comment