Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ten Months Old!!

Big 10 month old!!
Wow, I cannot believe in two short months my sweetie will be a year old! I know it'll fly by, but for now were just going to enjoy her being 10 months old! I remember when her biggest accomplishments included holding her head up, crazy to think it was so long ago. It seems like just yesterday. (And now I sound like an ancient person...moving on!)

This is such a fun stage! Augusta is doing so much! She babbles non-stop and is constantly on the move. And with her being on the move, comes her curiosity to explore and get into everything she can! This little miss is all over the place, literally climbing in her toy box!

At her most recent well-baby visit a few days ago, she weighed 20 pounds and was 28 inches long! The doctor was so impressed with her growth. And she was meeting all milestones. She was even ahead of her peers in some areas! (Gotta brag about that!) My baby's so smart!

The big thing for Augusta this month is the fact that she's about to get a tooth!! I cannot believe one is finally trying to come in! It's a little (well actually it's gotten pretty large) bubble and it's staring to turn white...that little tooth just hasn't poked through yet. It shouldn't be too much longer though. I've been checking every day, do it feels like its been working its way through for the longest, but it really hasn't been too long.

This brave little girl is also gearing up to take those first steps--I just know it won't be too long. She's going from sitting, to a squat, to standing unassisted! She's also letting go and standing by herself. And though she hasn't taken that first step yet, she will lunge towards you of you hold your arms open for her. She's just getting so big!

Into everything--See I wasn't kidding!
Augusta's favorite things this month are: the backyardigans tv show (still)! She loves her "Pat the Bunny" book to pieces...literally, she's ripped off the front and back covers! My little girl has discovered the joy of Barbies! Looks like she's going to following right in her mom's footsteps. She also still loves all the usuals, her babies, Rowan, her cousins, all her many relatives, and eating! She's very into climbing...and she's much better at it than she used to be. She's even mastered climbing off of smaller objects...yay, Augusta! She's also enjoying looking out each and every window! We have a nosy little thing on our hands! ;)

Not liking: being put down...she has her moments that she just wants to be held and all you can do is go with it! Which we don't mind at all, I love my snuggles, it's just harder to get things done. She's also not digging her Carseat. But she's too little for her big girl seat, so she's stuck with the carrier for now! She's also not liking being stuck in her walker or Exersaucer. I guess since she's mobile now she doesn't like to be confined! She's also not liking sleeping late...ladies and gentlemen, I think we have an early riser on our hands!

As far as eating goes, this girl is eating anything and everything! Anything you have, she wants! And she's trying so much! So far, she's not picky, which is great. Hopefully she'll take after her dad there. Her favorite new discovery this month is sweet tea...she's only had sips but she loves the stuff! She will whine until you let her have a sip.

I cannot believe how much my love for this little person grows every day! I cannot imagine my life without her. She makes every moment so much more special. I am so blessed I get to share in all the moments of her life, both big and small. But I'm even more lucky I get to call myself her mom! I love my sweet Augusta Kate!!
Sweet Baby Snuggles!

"See Mom, I told you this was a jungle gym!"

No comments:

Post a Comment