Friday, November 23, 2012

Augusta's First Thanksgiving

Yesterday marked Augusta's First Thanksgiving. And it was a great one if I do say so. We were able to get back into our thanksgiving traditions, since last year we had to forgo traveling because my due date actually was on Thanksgiving Day.

We got up and ready and headed to Collierville. One of Chase's Aunts lives there and the whole family gathers there for thanksgiving lunch. On the way there, we stopped by Bass Pro to let Augusta meet Santa Claus. (I guess I kinda bypassed Turkey Day for my favorite holiday this year...we even put the tree up this past Monday!) But anyway, the Santa meeting didn't go as smoothly as last year, and we ended up with a family photo. We finally made it to lunch and it was delicious as always! Augusta wasn't too impressed with the food, she was more content to run around and see all the new sights and play with family.

After dinner we headed back home and to my parents' house for Thanksgiving Dinner. Gammie and Pappy were super excited to see the baby, I think they were having withdrawals since we were off this week and they didn't get to keep her. Aunt T and Uncle Luke were also there. We missed Aunt Lys (wasn't the same without you!) But she was off visiting with her boyfriend and his family, and I'm sure she had a great time. Again the food was scrumptious and filling! I love dressing (or stuffing, whatever you wanna call it) It's my all-time fave thanksgiving food, and Augusta enjoyed it as well. (That's my girl!)

Thanksgiving is also a time to remember all we have to be thankful for. I'm beyond blessed to have the best family I could ever imagine. They are a perfect for for me. I have a handsome, loving, and supportive husband who I honestly know God hand-picked for me. And a smart, loving, and beautiful dream of a daughter. I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and never go hungry. I'm able to care for and provide for my daughter. Most importantly, I have a Lord who loves me despite all my flaws and shortcomings. He's saved me and made me his and that's truly something to he thankful for.

Even though we ended the day tired, it was well worth it. Spending time with family, the people I'm most thankful for, is the only way to spend the holidays. (In my opinion) And now, the day after, we are free to relax and eat leftovers...also throwing in a little college football for Chase. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope you all had a blessed day.

On the road again!
Playing with cousin Dominique's purse...she loved it!
Aunt Tricia showing Augusta old pictures of her Daddy
This is how fast Maddie moves, 24/7...and this is how Augusta watches her!
Little Miss loves playing outside!
Relaxing at the end of the day!










No comments:

Post a Comment