Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Love this pic of me and my sweet girl :) 
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there! No matter how old your children are, I now completely understand the way you feel when you say that they are always your babies. I can't imagine my life without my sweet little and I am so excited to be able to celebrate my first Mother's Day with her!

The Friday of Mother's Day weekend was Chase's brother, Tyler's Birthday. Then Saturday was his mom, Mrs. Shelia's, or Mims, birthday. And finally, Sunday was Mother's Day, so it has been a busy weekend in deed.

Since I am all addicted to Pinterest these days, (If you're not, you really should be. Or maybe you shouldn't, depending on your amount of free time and how many hours you're willing to waste scrolling through it) I went crafty for some of my Mother's Day gifts this year. For Mims I got Augusta and my nieces to make a handprint canvas that reads: "Mims is wrapped around these little fingers". It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. Then I had Augusta make butterflies with her feet for both Gammie and Mims. They were cute as well. But a cautionary note...don't expect these hand/foot print things to be easy or turn out perfect with a 5 month old--it's not, and they won't. Well maybe yours will, but Augusta made sure to give her gifts for her grandmothers her own special flair. And I wouldn't have it any other way, she is my daughter after all. ;)

Augusta's feet prints
Other Pinterest craft
As for myself, Chase said Augusta could not wait to give me my presents, so I got one early. It was this adorable pair of burlap Toms. I love them! And am really glad that I now have a pair of Toms that go with more. I mean, I LOVE my red ones, just they don't go with pink. And if you know me, you know I tend to wear a lot of pink. Ha! I also got a beautiful dress that I wanted to wear to a wedding this summer...only it didn't fit. :( So I will be taking it back and hopefully finding another option that works better.if not, I'll raid my sister's closet...that always works.


For Mother's Day, Chase and I also decided to cook dinner for our Moms. We planned a great menu. Steaks, roasted broccoli salad, armadillo eggs, smokies wrapped in bacon, and fries. My family that was in town as well as his came over to celebrate with our wonderful mommies! The food was so yummy and our Mothers loved their gifts! I would have taken pics, but I had already told everyone to come comfy and I didn't want to ambush then with pictures after that...that just wouldn't be fair to do on Mother's Day no less! But it was a wonderful day for all. My first Mother's day and I can't imagine it gets much better! :)
1st Mother's Day
Love my Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment