Saturday, May 12, 2012

Why we love May

Where I found Augusta one day when I came home from work...
May is a fun month in our family...there are so many birthdays and other special events to celebrate! (Love!) Plus it also signals the end of the year and the beginning of summer vacation for me and Chase! (Double Love!!)

Augusta and I got the celebrations started a little early by celebrating Chase's birthday week! We had 7 envelopes tapes together accordion style, each holding a little something for that day. Whether it was pictures of the two of us, or a snack to enjoy on a baseball trip, we wanted him to have a little reminder that we loved him and appreciate all he does for us all year long. He's so special to us, we wanted to make sure he could feel that, and what better way than a big birthday! I think he enjoyed it!

Birthday happies
We had a family birthday trip to Memphis where we were supposed to get the iPad fixed and pick out Chase a smoker for his bday. Well, one of those things happened and one did not...they were sold out of the smoker he wanted! Even the display was gone! :( But we did get a new iPad, which is what we were going to have to do anyway with its condition!

Then on Chase's actual birthday he wanted to have a dinner date with just the two of us. So that's exactly what we did. Mims and Paul-Paul kept Augusta and we went out to Irie. (It's a seafood restaurant on the Square in town) We enjoyed our meal and time together, then headed back to Chase's parents to celebrate with them and our baby girl. His brother, sister-in-law, and two nieces were there as well so it was a family celebration. He got all his gifts and his mom had made his favorite strawberry cake. Or "mush cake" as he calls it. We had a great time celebrating his special day with them.

Then on Wednesday, we went and ate Mexican with my parents and sister. We came back to the house and I made him some brownies! We are obsessed with these things! We discovered them at Sam's and they are so good! Trust me, this is the only box brownie you'll ever want if you try it! (Well maybe not, because seriously who's gonna pass up a brownie? But they are soooooo delicious!)

Yesterday completed Chase's birthday when he finally got his present from me and Augusta. I was bugging him about needing to order his smoker because it was already 5 days past his birthday, when he decided to go look for something different. I convinced him he should look at sunglasses since he lost his right before his birthday at an away baseball game. We ended up going to Kinnucan's and he found a pair of Costa del Mar glasses that he loved! We got them for him to be the rest of his birthday present! And a big thanks to Mr. Paul and Mrs. Shelia for giving him the gift card there...so they actually gave the glasses to him too! :) I'm just excited he got something he really loves. As soon as he put them on in the car he couldn't stop talking about how great the lenses made everything look. I tried them on and had to agree, they are pretty awesome. They don't make things darker like normal sunglasses, it's like they leave the brightness but take away the part of it that hurts your eyes. (If that makes any sense at all) He's very excited to take them on his deep sea fishing trip later this month!
Chase in his sunglasses

And now it's only May 7th (even though it is the 12th when I'm actually getting around to posting this...slow, I know)...this week alone we have Chase's brother, Tyler's bday, Mrs. Shelia's bday, and Mother's Day. So I'm sure you'll hear more from me real soon! But first I'll leave you with two sweet smilies from the last baseball game of the season, which also happened this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment