Monday, May 28, 2012

Sweet Summertime!

I cannot believe it is finally here...summer vacation! It seems so unreal. I woke up yesterday, my last day of work, and I could not believe the day had finally come! I was almost like a kid on Christmas morning! ( I said almost people, I did actually still have to get up and go to work after all!)

But it was a great day. Super exciting because it was my last day before vacation officially started, but bittersweet because it was also my last day at the middle school--the place where I've been the past two years. In glad to be moving down, I'll now be at a school serving third and fourth graders, but I'll miss all the relationships I've made at the middle, junior high, and high school over these past 2 years. Making the transition easier though is the fact that one of the SpEd teachers is moving down with me. And the school's new principal is going to be the old junior high assistant principal, so at least I'll have some familiar faces.

But I'll get back to job stuff later, for now I'll put all that behind me and enjoy this time with my family! I'm excited for the time I'll get to spend with them and all the firsts we'll get to experience with Augusta this year! Do bring on the lazy days, afternoon naps, and fun in the sun...summer, the Goolsby's have been waiting for you!
I got my foot!

First Time in the baby pool

No comments:

Post a Comment